Self care is one of the cornerstones to a successful career in any industry. How can you help others if you are depleted? Taking care of your job or business starts by taking care of your physical, mental and emotional needs. Our goal is to help you avoid burning out and recover quickly from setbacks, so you can continue to perform optimally.
Self Care Tips
- Receiving regular massage therapy sessions may help to decrease stress levels and restore vitality.
- Make your days off, your days off. If you’re constantly in a state of hyperawareness, your body is unable to rest or recover.
- Take vacations. Your clients will be there when you get back.
- Set boundaries with family and friends. Stressful situations in our personal lives can impact our professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Monitor your blood pressure. Physical and mental stress can have similar affects on the body. Constantly exposing ourselves to stressful situations can lead to elevated blood pressure levels.
- Practice mindful meditation. It’s impossible to control everything but you can control how you choose to react to situations you encounter. Through mindful meditation, you can learn to manage your actions and reactions by training your thoughts. We recommend trying Headspace.
- Take time for yourself. If you can consistently dedicate time to other things, try applying a similar mindset towards dedicating time for yourself.
- The simplest and easiest remedy for stress is sleep. Trying to function or work on minimal sleep is not a badge of honor.
- Avoid taking work home. Leave it at the office. That includes taking calls, answering emails or completing tasks. If you work from home, have a dedicated workspace that is disconnected from the communal areas in your home.
- A sedentary lifestyle such as extended sitting, can lead to muscle imbalances. See your Sports Therapist for assistance with assessing and addressing imbalances.