STUDY THE FOUNDATIONS OF ANATOMY
Including Physiology encompassing 13 systems of the body. Exam and apply the principles of Kinesiology. Review life-saving First Aid practices and Pathology as it relates to Massage Therapy. Demonstrate your proficiency through graded assignments and tests.
All text resources are provided and shared through digital files, documents and videos. Each participant has access to a private Online Student Portal including all downloadable classroom material.
LEARN 12 DISCIPLINES
Learn and demonstrate your proficiency in 12 massage disciplines including Swedish, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Deep Tissue, Indian Head, Chair, Sports, Aromatherapy, Thai Yoga, Shiatsu, Hot Stone and Prenatal Massage.
COURSE OUTLINE & CURRICULUM
Course covers topics from Massage anatomy, terminology, kinesiology, business laws and ethics, and various massage techniques.
- Professional Ethics for the Massage Practitioner
- Requirements for the Practice of Massage
- The Consultation
- Equipment and Products
- Effects and Benefits of Massage
- Contraindications for Massage
- Endangerment Sites
- Safety Precautions for Therapist and Client
- Maintaining Sanitary Conditions in the Massage Area and Sanitizing Linens
- Basic Massage Movements
- Procedures for Complete Body Massage;
- Face and Scalp Massage
- Heated Stone and Hydrotherapy
- Massage for Nursing Home Clientele;
- Healthcare and Specialized Massage
- Deep Tissue Part I: Basic Deep Tissue Technique & Trigger Point Release
- Deep Tissue Part II Orthopedic & Functional Assessments
- Deep Tissue Part III: Athletics & Sports Massage; Therapeutic Stretching
- Seated (Chair) Massage
- Pre-Natal and Infant massage
- Aromatherapy and Body Wrap
- Anatomy and Physiology Objectives,
- Anatomical Positions
- Medical and Anatomical Terminology, The Regions of the Human Body
- The Integumentary System (Skin)
- The Muscular System, The Circulatory System, Lymph-Vascular System
- The Nervous System, The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System, The Digestive System, The Excretory System
- The Human Reproductive System
- Kinesiology – Study of Movement and Body Mechanics
- Effects of Disease on Structure and Function of the Body
- Athletic and Therapeutic Massage (Program of Study)
- Athletic Massage; Pre-event, Post-event,
- Rehabilitative, Restorative and Injury Prevention
- Muscle Testing
- SOAP Charting and Records Keeping for Insurance Claim
- Active Assisted, Active Resistive and Passive Therapeutic Stretching
A Course That Fits Your Life
If you wish to learn the basics of massage, you can complete the academic portion of the massage therapy course. If you enroll in the full enhanced course that includes both the Academic & Hands-On Training portions, over 100 hours of hands-on massage therapy training equips you with the skills to become a mobile Massage Therapist.
Tuition and Financing
We strive to ensure our Massage Therapy program is both flexible and affordable. This is why we offer low, monthly payment options for every student. We are committed to providing you with a high-quality education at an affordable price. Make an investment in yourself today.
- Academic & Theory
- If you wish to learn the basics of massage, you can complete the academic portion of the massage therapy course and receive a letter of Academic Achievement.
- Full Course
- 300.00 Deposit to Enroll
+ 300.00 balance to be paid within 30 days of enrollment
+ 300.00 balance to be paid within 45 days of enrollment
+ 300.00 balance to be paid within 60 days of enrollment
- If you enroll in the full enhanced course that includes both the Academic & Hands-On Training portions, over 100 hours of hands-on massage therapy training will prepare you to receive your professional training by a certified massage therapy instructor.
- 300.00 Deposit to Enroll
Now Accepting Applicants for Summer 2020
Use the contact form below to submit your request or to inquire additional information. Space is limited.
Schedule: Fri-Sun 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Venue: Leeward Drive, Leeward East